What is Kennett Square Food Co-op?
The Kennett Square Food Co-op will be a community-owned grocery store, located in the center of the borough, that aims to meet the food needs of all the residents in Kennett Square and surrounding areas. We are engaging in a community effort to open a grocery store that is owned by the people who use it. Take control of where your food comes from, support your community, and be mindful of your impact on your community and the world.
Improving our food, strengthening our community, and creating a healthier planet
- Provide accessible, affordable, local, natural foods to the entire Kennett Square community and surrounding areas
- Use sustainable practices and encourage the promotion of greener lifestyles
- Serve as an educational hub and resource center to assist the community in living healthier lifestyles
- Improve the food system by recovering produce and repurposing food that would have gone to waste
- Provide affordable and/or subsidized grocery options to lower- income individuals and families in our community
- Serve as a communal space for all members of the area to come together and strengthen the community