What is Kennett Community Grocer?
The Kennett Community Grocer will be a welcoming space that provides the whole community with quality, local, accessible food.
The Kennett Community Grocer, a member-owned and operated food co-op, will be the anchor of your everyday shopping—a one-stop grocery store that nurtures the economy, health, and fellowship of the Kennett Square area. It will source many products from local farms and producers, create living-wage jobs, and provide access to healthful food and nutrition education. This sustainable food co-op is the missing link in our neighborhood.
- Provide accessible, affordable, local, natural foods to the entire Kennett Square community and surrounding areas.
- Use sustainable practices and encourage the promotion of greener lifestyles.
- Serve as an educational hub and resource center to assist the community in living healthier lifestyles.
- Improve the food system by recovering produce and repurposing food that would have gone to waste.
- Provide affordable and/or subsidized grocery options to lower-income individuals and families in our community.
- Serve as a communal space for all members of the area to come together and strengthen the community.